Three Days Off In Iran



Ciao my friends,
well these days my country is off for 3 days!
maybe you want to know why?
actually Iran is an Islamic country so we have special days that we mourn for our prophets or imams!
we don't always mourn, we also celebrate some special days during year!
yesterday(Tasua) and today(Ashura) were off because of two special men in Shi'a Islam! imam Hussein and his half brother Abulfazl!
in the past these two men fought against corruption in Islam and finally they and their family martyred by Yazid and his army in a very harsh way in battle of Karbala (Karbala is a city in Iraq)!
well, it has a very complex and long history, you should study about it to understand what I am talking about!
anyway, tomorrow is Friday and we are off which would be the third day that we are off in Iran, but tomorrow is weekend and it's always off so it's not related to imam Hussein and his half brother!
today I went out with my family to march with people because as I told you today Imam Hussein and his half brother martyred by Yazid and we call this day "Ashura" which is on 10th of Muharram and when Abulfazl martyred in 9th of Muharram we call that day "Tasua"!

 

during these two days ("Ashura" and "Tasua") the majority of Iranian people go out for marching and mourning! I took many photos but I have just uploaded three of them to show you here on my blog!

 have fun ;)

2 comments:

Unknown at: December 19, 2010 at 6:39 PM said...

three days off? awesome!

Omid at: December 20, 2010 at 6:19 AM said...

yup! that's awsome! :D

Post a Comment